Sunday, December 23, 2012

CBS wants me to think Danny Woodhead = Arian Foster

So I'm watching the Patriots-Jaguars game, and the camera lingers on Patriots running back Danny Woodhead, complete with the announcement that he is only one of two players in the NFL with four rushing touchdowns and two receiving touchdowns this season.

The other? Arian Foster of the Texans.

Not only did the announcer say it, there was a graphic to go along with it. Clearly, the intent was to make me think, "Wow, Danny Woodhead must be really good if he and Arian Foster are the only to backs in the league to do something!"

I'm sure you'll be shocked to know that coming into today's game, Woodhead had ... exactly four rushing touchdowns and two receiving touchdowns. (He caught his third literally as I started typing this.)

As for Foster? He started today with two receiving touchdowns .... and 14 rushing touchdowns.

However, now that I think about it, Woodhead catching a touchdown pass means he's the only back in the NFL with four rushing touchdowns and three receiving touchdowns.

So to heck with Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson (he of no touchdown catches) ... give me Danny Woodhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment