Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A blogger's Christmas wish

Dear Santa:

I wasn't actually planning on asking you for anything this year. You have a lot of kids to take care of, and I don't want to take any of your time that could otherwise be spent doing things for them.

However, I think I have been very good this year, if only because I didn't mock my Red Sox fan friends too much, and even helped talk a couple of them down off the proverbial ledge. (And rest assured, if I saw one of an actual ledge, I would make an honest effort to keep him or her from jumping.)

However, I would like to ask you to make this prediction from John Ourand come true:
"MLB leaves Fox: MLB will consolidate its rights with one media company rather than continue with its current structure across three networks: ESPN, Fox and TBS. NBC will make a big push to win the rights. But my guess is that the league opts for ESPN in a deal that will finally include the same TV Everywhere components that other leagues have rolled out. Keeping Turner involved in some form can’t be counted out; think of the NBA’s deal with ESPN and Turner. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some playoff games land on MLB Network, but look for most of the playoffs to be on ESPN (with, maybe, some on TBS) and the World Series to air on ABC."
Thank you,
The Last Honest Sports Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment