Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jeff, with that attitude, go back to coaching

Reading an article on this year's NBA coverage, I came across this from Jeff Van Gundy about the possibility of a two-man booth with Mike Breen after Mark Jackson left to become coach of the Golden State Warriors:
"I'm one of those who enjoyed the three-man booth more than doing the two," Van Gundy said. "I really don't know going forward if ESPN/ABC has plans to fill Mark's spot or just leave it as is. Even though there will be more time available to talk, I just don't want to talk for the sake of talking. I want to make sure I don't throw too many hair-brained ideas out there. I don't want to just fill time."
If it was up to me, I'd take Doris Burke off the sideline and put her in the booth. She's outstanding, worked well with Van Gundy during the UConn-Baylor women's game the other night and he wouldn't have to sit in the middle seat.

But "I just don't want to talk for the sake of talking ... I don't want to just fill time"?

What kind of announcer are you, Jeff?


No comments:

Post a Comment