Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Boston tea partier

I don't agree with Tim Thomas' politics, but his politics are his own to have, and I'm free to disagree with them. It's a big country.

But regardless of whatever rightward leanings he may have, he should have gone to the White House, because when the president invites you, you should go, although Thomas isn't the first to skip the trip.

(Until I found the story linked at the start of this post, I also hadn't realized that Theo Epstein didn't go to the Bush White House, which is also wrong. Although the article doesn't say it was for political reasons, Epstein did campaign for John Kerry in 2004, so it's not a huge stretch to think so.)

And Thomas' excuse was pretty weak. I'd be curious to know if he was concerned that "the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People" before Jan. 20, 2009.

But I'll be honest, since after all, that's in this here blog's name. I don't like what Thomas did, and I think less of him for it, but if the Bruins are in a tough spot, and the opponents get a scoring chance, I'm going to want to hear Jack Edwards yell (as only he can) ... "SAVE BY THOMAS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment