Sunday, January 15, 2012

Why I need the 49ers (or the Ravens) to win

I really don't have much use for any combination of the Patriots, Ravens, 49ers or Giants, so whoever wins next week's conference championship games doesn't make much difference to me.

However, on the assumption that the Patriots win (which is obviously not a sure thing by any means), the 49ers absolutely, positively have to win.

Why?

I live outside of Boston, where they're already ready to hand the Vince Lombardi Trophy over to the Patriots. If it's a Giants-Patriots Super Bowl, there will be nothing in the papers, on TV or the radio for two solid weeks other than getting "revenge" for Super Bowl XLII, and it won't take long before the Patriots getting revenge for the Giants costing them their undefeated season turns into "us" getting revenge for the Giants costing "us" "our" perfect season.

Trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment